- This event has passed.
Feminist Business Model Canvas
October 1, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
About this Event
You’ve seen and used the well-known Business Model Canvas (Osterwalder, et al., 2010) to understand how a conventional business might structure its revenue model… but wondered, what about a business that has goals beyond profit? What about a business that has a social goal, an economic goal, and even a political goal of transforming the world and moving it towards justice and flourishing?
If you’ve been wondering how to build a revenue model that moves your business towards the future, consider the Feminist Business Modal Canvas. The FBMC addresses many of the same components of a revenue model as the conventional BMC, but takes it several steps further to help you build your values and your visions directly into your business.
In this workshop:
- Get familiar with the Feminist Business Model Canvas
- Learn why it was developed and how it extends our discussions of entrepreneurship.
- Contrast the two business model canvases to understand how different tools help us see and seize different opportunities.
- Sketch your current business idea using the FBMC to reveal places where your model can — and should– be expanded.
- Learn some foundational concepts of inclusive feminism and how these are relevant to business.
This workshop is designed for:
- Folks who are already familiar with business modeling and revenue generation, and who are familiar with the Osterwalder canvas or the Running Lean (Maurya) canvas.
- Participants who are interested in social entrepreneurship, people+profits, triple-bottom-line models, and other progressive business initiatives will find their values affirmed and their visions broadened by this workshop.
Led by CV Harquail, PhD, of Feminists At Work