On Tuesday, February 10th the University of Toronto Mississauga celebrated the opening of the I-CUBE accelerator. I-CUBE, located within UTM’s Institute for Management & Innovation, will help student entrepreneurs bring new products to market. It offers business development and commercialization services for students, as well as space for students engaging in entrepreneurial activities. Teams of student entrepreneurs will also be able to access an entrepreneur-in-residence, faculty members, and volunteer mentors from the local business community.
“At U of T Mississauga, we are committed to creating a culture of Innovation, and I-CUBE offers our student entrepreneurs the chance to brainstorm, develop viable concepts, and proceed through the early stages of commercialization. Our students will benefit from the expertise of faculty, alumni, and local industry as they learn life-long skills and develop their potential to be the next global innovation leaders,” said UTM Principal Deep Saini.
- UTM News Release
- Mississauga News Release
- Article in South Asian Daily Mid Week (page 6)
- Article in The Medium
- Article in The Varsity
Special thanks to our invited speakers:
- Professor Nico Lacetera, I-CUBE Faculty Lead
- Principal and Vice President, Professor Deep Saini
- Harinder Takhar, MPP Mississauga-Erindale
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie
- Shantanu Mittal, Business Development OCE
- Hazem Danny Al Nakib, I-CUBE Student Lead
- Andrew White, President and COO CHAR Technologies