ICUBE UTM is building a marketing team and we want YOU to be part of it!
Like the idea of working in start-up culture? Want to go to Jays games for work? Have some awesome skills that you want get paid for using in a work environment while building your portfolio? Does networking with over 30 companies per month interest you? Want flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home?
Then the ICUBE Marketing Team could be for you!
Deadline to apply: Friday – May 20.
ICUBE UTM has 4 positions available for the summer semester:
Marketing Team: Part-time (3) work-study positions (12 hours per week) and are only open to current University of Toronto Students (undergrad & graduate).
Communications Coordinator: Full-time (1) (contract).
ALL JOBS have the opportunity to lead to roles in Fall of 2016 as well!
Do you have what it takes to be part of Team ICUBE?
Skills (at least 2 of): Clear communicator (written), Photoshop Pro, WordPress Wizard, social media skills.
Ideally the Communications Coordinator will have experience with Photoshop, press releases, WordPress and social media (including social listening)
Work-study roles include:
Content Architect / Development – As you can see, ICUBE’s new blog site (www.icubeutm.ca) is a bit sparse and needs some content. We have over 30 teams who need profiles written, tons of awesome stories to tell and could use some splashy writing skills. (As well as helping set up a great site map and content strategy).
Web Developer – WordPress baby! Looking to create a new interactive space in WordPress using either a customized theme or original.
Design Lead – Make ICUBE beautiful. We have a lot of projects that need branding (including site)
These four roles will work together directly under the ICUBE Program Coordinator (DEM grad with 5 years experience as an entertainment marketing director) as well as the Institute for Management & Innovation Communications Officer (CCIT grad with 7 years communications experience).
Come be part of an awesome team, learn some new skills and launch an awesome product before September hits!
How to Apply:
Workstudy / Communications & Media Intern – visit the CLN Website and search for Communications & Media Intern Job ID: 74062
Deadline for Applications: 11:59pm April 20, 2016
Communications Coordinator – send resume, cover letter and link of portfolio or websites to: email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 8:59am April 24, 2016
From the “official” job application:
As a Communications & Media Intern (CMI), you will be asked to:
* Increase the profile of the Institute for Management & Innovation (IMI) by using your graphic design & writing skills to create promotional materials and effectively market to students, alumni, community members, industry partners, etc.
* Materials you will potentially be designing include posters/flyers, digital signage, banners, Web graphics, and other various print + electronic ads as required. Should you be proficient in video production, those opportunities may be explored as well.
* Plan and facilitate various outreach initiatives to promote IMI events, workshops, and other opportunities. This can include everything from making class announcements to organizing outreach tables around campus.
* Use social media to raise awareness of programs and services.
* Assist with the promotion, preparation and logistics for special events such as Information Sessions, Workshops, Networking Events, etc.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Detail oriented and very accurate
* Takes initiative
* Self directed but also possessing teamwork skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience with video editing (namely Adobe Premiere) also an asset
* Familiar with MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent graphic design and creative skills
* Proficiency with social media
Photo taken from Superhero Startup Day.