The ICUBE Scale Up program provides access to professionals
and resources to take your operations to the next level.
The Scale Up program is designed to accelerate your business growth in a sustainable way. Work with mentors and industry professionals in a boutique style experience. Join a community of entrepreneurs all working toward the same goal: making an impact, and scaling up! University of Toronto students, Alumni, and residents of the Peel region are eligible to apply.
Scale Up Teams gain access to:
- Access to U of T student talent and subsidies to hire
- Co-working space, including use of wi-fi and printer, at no cost
- Volunteer and Co-op student placement (by project basis)
- Mentors and start-up coaches
- Workshops and training opportunities
- Office hours with professional partners (IP, legal, finance, etc)
- Eligibility for the ICUBE Pitch competition and other opportunities
- Access to capital (Grants, Investors, Loans, etc.)
- Networking opportunities with leaders from Peel region and beyond
- Opportunity to get featured on The Edge Leader’s Magazine
- Meet bi-monthly with your staff advisor to set goals, and report on development, growth, and next steps
- Become an active and present part of our ecosystem, attending workshops or events that add value for your growth
- Eligible applicants will be asked to prepare a basic slide deck (no more than ten slides) explaining their project and why it is a good fit for ICUBE.
- Each pitch should be no more than ten minutes long and will then be followed by questions from the committee. (A pitch guide and template will be provided).
- If the venture is not accepted, the committee will provide feedback as to why and make suggestions, as appropriate, for further work or other programs to consider.
We accept applications to the Scale Up program on a monthly rolling basis. Apply using the form below, and we will contact you to provide upcoming pitch dates.
Equal Opportunity Policy
At ICUBE we have a clear vision: to create a community where entrepreneurship is an opportunity open to all, and a creation space where diverse leaders can ideate, collaborate, and make an impact together. ICUBE’s dedication to promoting diversity in our teams includes a commitment to ensuring every cohort accurately reflects the UTM community, welcoming folks of all identities, and actively creating space for marginalized change-makers and under-represented disciplines. All creators, entrepreneurial thinkers, and leaders are encouraged to apply.
Must have a launched initiative or MVP with demonstrated market fit and some traction
- Must be dedicated to solving a compelling problem (all venture structures/industries welcome)
- We are looking for diverse, coachable and collaborative teams
- Must be a University of Toronto student, recent alumni (within the last 5 years), or a Peel region resident
- The business idea must be in alignment with University of Toronto’s applicable policies and legislation and ICUBE’s values